The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a chiller anyone have a good used one or a place to get a new one ...210 gal?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i have one pretty close to that, and it is doing my system quite will. a 1/5 HP is a bit low, but may still be fine. drop in chillers are easier to plumb than the in lines. $300 is a good deal if it is fully charged and ready to go. you will want to make sure that chiller is fully charged with refrigerant. it is not expensive to replace, but annoying.

G~

·
Registered
297 Posts
I do not know if this help. I live in central florida and keep my house at 77 -78 degrees. My tank cycles as low as 74 over night. All of the suddend my tank would not drop below 79. I remembered I had a 12 inch fan inder the cabinet. It had been shut off. When I fired the fanback up my tank temp dropped back down to 76 degrees.

Conclussion: A fan inder the tank to move air does have a large impact to keeping the tank cool. Found my UV was the biggest culpret. Granted evporation is more then normal I find myself adding about 1 gallon per week sometimes even less.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have a website to look at them....will it work for a 210?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a 1/3 Hp Arctica chiller which cools my 150 nicely. It has it own controller though. I would think that, imo, you would probably want to have a 1/4 Hp for you tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts