The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the same chems that I used to have, I know my test kit is done for, but does the chems ever have a life cycle? I figured I could keep what I have and half of it I have never used like Strontonium?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have all the same chems that I used to have, I know my test kit is done for, but does the chems ever have a life cycle? I figured I could keep what I have and half of it I have never used like Strontonium?
If you are asking if elements or minerals like Strontium can go "bad" the answer is yes, in solution, they have a 3-5 year usage date. Look at the bottles for the expiration. Out of curiosity, why don't you dose Strontium?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never knew what it was for, and well as the saying goes, if you don't know don't dose... so I never dosed.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I never knew what it was for, and well as the saying goes, if you don't know don't dose... so I never dosed.
Fair enough. Most coral use good amounts of Strontium and Molybdenum. There aren't a lot of good kits to check for those but weekly dosing (as directed) is beneficial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts