The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are too cool

Click here for a larger image

Rare Tank Bred Snowflake Ocellaris Clownfish Pair.
Size:1-1/4"-1-3/4"

This specimen is currently available. To order, click on the cart symbol below.
Please note: if you do not complete your order by checking out, someone else may order this specimen.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=466 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Item #
</TD><TD>Description
</TD><TD align=right>Price
</TD><TD align=middle>Qty
</TD><TD align=middle>Add
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f5f5f5><TD vAlign=top noWrap>072706283
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Amphiprion ocellaris var. (Pair) </TD><TD class=V12 vAlign=top noWrap align=right>$499.99 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>1
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yeah there are a few of those in the club!!! sweet fish!!! I have seen a pair cheaper though. $299 for a pair was the price I saw. I cant remember where though....

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
I believe it is caused by inbreeding. I heard that breeding these fish dont allway give offspring that look the same. Seems like simple Mendilian genetics where this coloration is expressed as an homozygous reccessive gene. But that is just my guess.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If it is inbreeding isn't it the white tiger issue again?

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Inbreeding raised the chance of the offspring getting both recessive genes and thus expressing them. XX+xx= Xx+Xx+Xx+Xx, Find a Xx+Xx and you get Xx, XX, and xx, I am just ranting now, nevermind me!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you lost me at XXX

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I was just arguing that with Clown nut. IMO I would rather be flashed again by some crazy guy in a camper (inside joke).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
lol derek i understood what ya were saying i was jsut wondering i that was a morph that you could keep breeding or if it was one of those "just kind of happened" things

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
They are snowflake clowns- being shipped in from Europa. I see them on the wholesale list as pairs for $199.00..

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
My understanding is that you have a better chance getting a snowflake from breeding two, but its only a chance. If it were for sure then people would breed millions and they would not be worth much.

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Well there are some in the club and I think seeing them in person may change your opinion and it may not... but I think they are pretty sweet.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I saw in person and it didn't change my opinion. I would have to think with some people the thought of being rare makes the look prettier but everyone has an opinion. I guess the full circle I've come in the hobby, I don't get hung up on the rare or the hard to keep challenge anymore. I'm just in it to enjoy now......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts