The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Anybody ever have experience with these fish?
I think they are cool and would like to get about 5 for my 80 gallon reef tank and the only other fish would be by copperband butterfly after taking out my damsels!:rolleyes:

Just doing some research and really liked these guys! Not going to happen today or tomorrow but down the road it's something I am considering!:)

Link to fish below:

http://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=41&pCatId=1309

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Johnny, here's what I know. :)

If you want to have a harem, start them out like you do grammas, they are protogynous hermaphrodites. Put a large one in the tank and leave it by it's self for about two months. Then add 2-4 of the smallest ones you can find all at one time. The large one will have time to lock into being a male and the smaller ones won't change on you.
Also, they are plankton feeders and do better on several small feedings a day.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jerel on the info on them! I think they are really cool looking fish!;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Johnny,

I'll only add, and you may know this already, they are big time jumpers. I watched mine numerous times clear water as they jumped. I actually lost one that overshot the edge and landed on the floor. Other than that, I loved 'em. Great fish, very active, good eaters and very hardy little fish.

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.