The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brooke and I are thnking about getting a shared cell phone plan from either Sprint, Verizon or our local phoe qwest.

Any thougths or recomendations on service between the 3?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Jon - we use Qwest. Just the easiest way to go. They cover home, cell, and DSL so we only get one bill a month. Have had a couple of issues with the billing, but I have billing issues with all of them at one time or another.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i've never heard of qwest.. but i would seriously recommend VERIZON..... i have been through sprint, verizon, and alltell. S & A are both horrible , in MY experience. verizon has always had excellant custoemr service, very helpful, and outstanding connection and clarity. they are also bringing a new service in the next few months, with the nationwide 2 way phones. they'll have the normal phone service, as well as the two way "walkie talkie" function, and it will be nationwide.

with srpint, i had very limited service area, but i also travelled alot. i used to be on the phone, hang up, make another call, (while still sitting in the same chair) and get no connection. it was horrid. but they may have upgraded thier towers since then also.

alltell was just horrid in regards to service area and customer service.

i've never been happier than i am with verizon.

jsut my two cents there :)

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
I use Qwest....for the convenience of one bill for my phones.....Qwest is a little tricky with their customer service, but they are getting better. If you don't leave the metro area, the service is pretty good, but otherwise, you end up roaming a lot. I think they are also working on this.

I've heard nothing but good things about Verizon and have a friend that works for them. He is a happy employee....and I think that says a lot.

J.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Jon, I have Verizon, as do my parents, bro& his wife, friends, and others. We all like the exceptionally good service, coverage, almost never drops, AND we can call each other cell2cell at no charge, no roaming no l/d. even across the country!!!

Lee:beer:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Out west I use AT&T. They allow you to pick your states for "free roaming" and you also get "free" nation wide long distance calls. I picked Calif, Nev, Hawaii and Arizona for my states

I pay $40 a month for 600 anytime and 3,000 N&W minutes. The plan includes a free phone and very good customer service.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
We have a family plan with VoiceStream. I are very happy with it. No roaming, 800 Shared anytimne minutes with free Mobile to mobile, night, and weekend minutes. I am not sure what we pay, but it is pretty reasonable.

Andrew

·
Registered
778 Posts
verison is nice, but, just make sure that your next cell phone says "Motorola" on it. i would like to get my raised that they promised me, sometime this year.....
:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts