The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a picasso trigger that i need 2 catch and move. every time hes sees the net he goes in2 the rock and locks himself in place. ive taken all the rock out and even out of water he still wont unlock himself or budge! how do i get him out?

·
Chasing Stability
9,244 Posts
You may want to do a little research on fish traps. There are some good articles on DIY traps.
I used a 2 liter bottle to remove an angry wrasse, but that may not be big enough for your trigger.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have read a Trigger would rather die than unlock himself when he feels threatened. I would not take him out of the water anymore.
wow and its wasnt 4 more than 5sec but i wont anymore. i was thinking that i would find the rock he was hiding in the then acclimate him in the rock 2 the new tank an once he was out of hiding i would move the rock bak.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he was being stubborn and there was no way 2 get him out so i just took the rock he was in out of the tank and stuck it in the other tank until he got out and the water was from the same source so there wasnt much difference so hes all happy and much more social since there r other fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts