The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for a few hours and left the cabinit door open for ventilation. I came home, and I looked in the wet/ dry sump to see cat hair all trapped in the foam block and cat hair on the return pump intake strainer. I went and found my cat, soaking wet, (just beginning to dry). Now I have to somehow wash the cat. This was in the freshwater chicid tank in my upsairs. The cat must have been sleeping on the lid with the bulhead (catslike the warmth and vibation) and must have somehow fell in !!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Sorry about the mess. If only you had a camera on that. That would of been very funny to watch.

:lol:

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
hehehhehehhee :funny: :banana:

since it was freshwater ya dont have to wash the kitty, he/she will clean itself off :)

keep pets away from water that has corals though, i read a sad story about a beagle that had a sip of reef tank water and died that night, apparently it died from zoa's....ooo wait i think it actually ate the zoa lol okee my bad but either way it can be risky

you have cichlids?? me tooo, i love them they have wacko personalities
my 10" oscar just leaped to his death the other night, he slithered through a 2" opening
poor poor Derek :bawling:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:wavey: Hi Pastina

Ya I have a 25 Gallon Long Tank full of tiny Ciclids. It also serves as a prizon tank for a giant rope fish which ate a tetra in another FW tank.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My chiclid tank has had alot of ups and dows. It used to be 40 gallons, then it leaked. I had a 25 long on hand and they have been in there ever since.. Then a velvet outbreak wiped out everything but the rope fish.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
yeah its always good to have a prison tank :funny:

what do you have? i have jack dempseys, midas, texas etc stuff like that
they are so cute when they are little, i wish they would stay like that :)

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
oh you have african cichlids, there cool
i had them for about a year then i gave them away and got lion head goldfish hehe
i tried a rope fish back in the day, he lived only 2 days and was the grossest thing youll ever wanna see dead. bad stock from lfs all theres died too
when they are alive and well they must be fun :funny:

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is one of the funniest things I've read on here. My cat is always eye'ing up my fish tank as well. I keep her locked up when I'm not there bcuz she is not to be trusted, either. :agree:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It sounds like something that would happen to Pastina, with all of her adventures.
Glad that everything, and everybody, is ok.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
when they are alive and well they must be fun :funny:[/quote]

Their buttholes that eat everything and I hand fed mine and it goes after the finger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts