The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK if I plug in a portable cassette player to the input on my soundcard can I copy from a cassette to the CD burner using whatever software is inplace for the burner(Roxio)?
What I want to do is burn Audio Book onto CD. Any thoughts :) ?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
yep you sure can :)

i've never done it with roxio. but i have done it in the past with just plain old media player. you can record the cassete into .mp3, then use roxio to convert put it to .wav and put it on cd. though roxio may also have the option to record directly from the cassette. i'm sure there may be an easier way to do it too. but it can be done.. good luck

·
Super Moderator
27,709 Posts
Korrekt! and in an odd way, I kinda like hearing the pops on a record ;)

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Shoot, i must have missed hitting submit with my reply to Geoff, but anyway the gist of it was that , while I have heard some Lps as well as CDs that were outstanding from engineering/recording standpoint a lousy recording sounds lousy no matter the format.
Cath I hate clicks and pops on LPs :(
but since I wish to copy audio books to disk I am not seeking sonic perfection, just a story that grabs me :D

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
Doug1 said:
.... while I have heard some Lps as well as CDs that were outstanding from engineering/recording standpoint a lousy recording sounds lousy no matter the format.
no doubt!!! the early 80's when CD's were just coming out. they all sounded horrible. the engineers had no idea how to mix or record in this new digital media. it has gotten a lot better now. at the time LP's had 50+ years of getting it right.

G~

P.S.-just for clearification, you need a phono pre-amp of somekind if you want to record LP's to the computer.

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heheheheehe , between disco skeet and my kids I have very few LPs left.
Heres one for ya, my first phongraph had 4 speeds :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts