The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a precision marine CR422 calcium reactor (inc eheim pump), dual guage solenoid and CO2 bottle sitting here collecting dust. it is the exact package available from marine depot (for $632-including media currently full plus new half container)

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_calcium_reactors_precision_marine.asp?CartId=

it will also include sponges to contain the media and aqualifter pump and filter to feed the reactor.

i bought it from a local guy who got frustrated with it because of a leaky connection. he ran it all of a day-with no media-just trying to plumb it up. and its in PERFECT condition-that connection was repaired with weld on 42 so its good as new. since then we had it running for about a month...it's still almost new.

asking price is $350 (i'm depreciating it like a new car:p-about a $300 savings for 1 months use-even though its in perfect condition)

all proceeds will go to the burning down the house fund to get a top notch speaker in here again next year...mike has been a great leader for this club and i was just sick hearing about his home...so this is in his honor.

any questions please ask-i may not answer right away but i will get to 'em

pic-after repair

thanks for looking!
tg

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
WOW! thanks twins guy! thats an awesome buy for someone. that co2 cylinder alone is worth $80 and any reactor is worth $150 and that one is in mint condition.it looks as sterile as your tank. so your getting a steal of a deal here guys. i will be donating something but im not sure what yet. may be a skimmer or something.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Dam Rich! You and fritz get the good Samaritan awards for the month.:thumbup:

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Bump.....this is an awesome deal. Kudos to you Rich!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i cant believe no one has jumped on this yet. if i didnt have a ca reactor i would buy it.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
My next available $flow is Ticos but this was very tempting.

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
I wish I had the extra $$$ for it. Well if it is still avail when the house sells then I can get it :lol:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SOLD to mattb for $350! Thanks a ton Matt! That might cover our speakers airfare? The club has no official treasurer so not sure who I need to be in contact with but I've got some money for the club.

Thanks for the interest!
Rich

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
that is great :thumbup:
Twins Guy said:
SOLD to mattb for $350! Thanks a ton Matt! That might cover our speakers airfare? The club has no official treasurer so not sure who I need to be in contact with but I've got some money for the club.

Thanks for the interest!
Rich

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
That's awesome Rich. I'm sending you a pm.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update...

full disclosure-apparently the co2 regulator i sold with the setup is malfunctioning/broken. i feel obliged to replace it and seeing how i am already taking a significant loss (in the name of a donation to TCMAS) i would like to consider the possibility of paying for the new reg with the $350 donation made for the setup. even after this deduction my donation should amount to ~$250

if you have a problem with this please let me know

sincerely-
rich aka tg

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey sea donkey;)-
i assume you're saying neither matt nor i should get hosed on this deal...and that it would be acceptable in your eyes to lessen the donation?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts