The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new here! I bought a carib. featherduster worm 1 week ago. It was well for 3 days, then went in and out fast, now he's IN for 2 days...water is fine...I do have 4 hermits...Is that the reason?
thx
kris

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Welcome to TRT!

Hermits don't usually bother featherdusters. If you give more details about your tank, params, and other livestock, that will help get you some more answers.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yeah i had 2 that just disappeared on thier own. And no fish that would eat them. But i do have a few emerald crabs. Went out and got a hawaiian duster and he has been doing great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
How many days can they remain closed...how can i tell if he's alive..dont want him polluting my 55g...
thx!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I don't think he would have too much pollution if he died in a 55. One fishstore i was in, the guy was pulling them out and feeling the tube to see if it was full. There were about six tubes and none had worms in them! (another reason i refuse to buy livestock from that store!)They can leave their tubes and build a new one if they really don't like their location. Maybe he is telling you something is wrong with your params or something is going on. Are any of your corals closed up too? If so, start testing everything. temp, salinity, nitrates....

What is your livestock in the tank?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts