The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank started leaking 2 weeks ago and I started a 185G build

Just checked this morning and the leak has quadrupled and now there is a beed of water all the way down my rim.

New tank has been cleaned but I haven't done much else.

Need to rip up carpet where tank is going, put down vinyl flooring square, reenforce old stand, install tank, and plumb it up. Wife gone until 7:30 tonight. Lets see what I can do.

Pic updates as day goes on.

Attachments

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,755 Posts
:bigeek:! You my friend have a BIG DAY AHEAD! And I love the comparison with Scotty......draws the picture perfectly.:cool: Can't go through life without humor! Good job! :thumbup:
Hack

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old furniture gone.

Door removed.

Cut out carpet square to confirm what I am dealing with underneath.

Stains visible from old tanks - Thats why wife is insisting on vinyl

Off to Lowes!

<b>If any mods are watching I've hit my 10mb pic limit. Deleting old pics to keep up with today but I would sure love a little more attachment allocation</b> :thumbup:

Attachments

·
15,755 Posts
......Now that's funny right there!
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
Oh I wouldn't do tiles, the water can seep between them. They have vinyl laminate In cut pieces (I use to cover the bottom of my Bearded Dragon tank).Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Following along. My tank is 15 plus year old Oceanic and I won't say the "L" word out loud!!!! Good luck getting the new tank setup and keeping the wife happy!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Water pumped over.

Corals and critters too.

90G sump in garage is still running with live rock and temp control but I am replacing it for this tank.

I have a 100W heater in tank and a power head pointed up to agitate surface

Anyone have an idea of how long things can last like this. Plumbing might be a couple days. Don't even have bulkheads in display.

Attachments

·
15,755 Posts
WOW, you kicked butt today! Door is back together right?:thumbup:
Hack

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any takers on advise how long everything will last with:
power head, bubbler, and 100W heater.

No lights or filtration set up yet.

Any other recommendations for what I can do while filtration is being set up would be helpful. Will probably take 2-3 days.

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Filtration isn't a necessity, it's a suggestion lol. I haven't ran any on my tank for about 6-7 months now. Well besides my rock. But yours is in the tank right?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts