The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......Com'on now, Doug just went through it, we can.

Top of the *orning, and.....sigh,.....HAPPY *ONDAY!
Into every cloud a little sunshine *ust fall.

Hey Y'All......coffee is up, and so is i. A half day lies ahead, so don't feel TOO *onday'ish. Working till noon, then taking Jen to a 'meet n greet' with a Dr this afternoon.
Fell asleep by 8:30p last night.....all that grooviness just proved too *uch for me.

Hope today is the start of an incredible week long COOL-FEST for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Mornin Hack. Yeah, I am hoping for a "coolfest" too! It is so hot and humid over night we aren't getting any dew on the grass. Rain in the forecast for yesterday didn;t materialize. They say we are gonna get an inch or more over night. Looks like it too. clouds are rolling in.

I got a dilemma here. My BIL asked me to go up to his cottage & help install a septic tile bed. Cottage is way back in the woods in northern Quebec. About 7 hour drive with the last hour and a half on logging roads. We were gonna go a couple weeks ago but he had to cancel. MAYBE Labor Day weekend. Now my Uncle has asked if I want to go to his hunt camp and help up there. THAT is a trip. North of Lake Superior where the pavement ends and the ice roads start. 22 hours, 4 guys drive in shifts & they run straight through. The dilemma is I think I only have one week vacation left.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! Got fresh peach giant muffins and breakfast fajitas on the go goodness!
Hack - hope all goes well with Jen‘s meet and greet with her new doc.

Rick, I’m glad I don’t have to make that choice you described it to us. That’s a tough one. Too bad you can’t say no to both.😂

Doug, I liked your photos from last evening. My camera does the same thing about lighting. Take a picture of something that’s at dusk and it looks like it’s daytime.

I’ve been feeling well consistently for the past few days! I’m grateful for every bit of it.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good Morning Hack, Rick, Cath and everyone,
Some more coffee here.
More rain in the forecast for the week, Mon- Wednesday not a washout, Thursday and and Friday they are saying heavy rain and something forming in the Atlantic. Been real calm out there so far.
Today I’m going to put down some weed and grass killer around the house.
Have a good day.
Water Light Organism Fluid Underwater

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good morning, Vinnie! Yeah, I don’t trust this hurricane season being quiet so far.

Do you want to kill the grass as well as the weeds?

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Good Morning All, 66F here, heading to 91ish. Hint of rain but not seeing it being major threat. Glad you like the pics last night, shortly after when I took Furg out the smoke was rolling in over the mt, yuck. A little hazy this am but not to bad.
Hack half day monday is not bad. Cath glad you are feelin better. Bummer on humidity Rick and Vinny. Hard choice to make Rick.
Hope the day goes easy on everyone

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
Mornin Doug. It is amazing what the filters can do. ou nailed it, looked great.

Vinnie, get yourself a gallon of vinegar and disolve a cup of table salt in it. Throw in two good squirts of liquid dish detergent. The soap breaks the liquid tension and allows the vinegar to stick to the leaves, the vinegar eats the wax coating off the plant, the salt dries it out and kills it. Cheap and works well from a little pump type sprayer. Doesn't stay in the soil long either like some chemicals & wont poison kids or critters.

·
Super Moderator
28,517 Posts
Funny you mentioned the trick with vinegar, salt and soap. We tried it and it didn’t work well enough. I’m using something to get to the roots and works fast and stays working for awhile. Stuff here grows like crazy and if you don’t keep up it gets out of control really fast.

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
It didn't work the first couple times for me either Vinnie. I think the amount of soap is the key and I played with that a bit. Did get it sorted out eventually. If I mess up I just reapply & that always has worked. Still cheaper than commercial chemical.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jen's Dr. visit went well.....bordering on great, but we can't give them folks a big....ER head.
Supervising BLTs on the grill, and corn is bubbling. Looking like a pool evening lies ahead....bring your trunks if'n You's the shy type. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Rick I am gonna go out on a limb and say ya'll probably do not have Kudzu up there. It is a vicious plant that makes English Ivy look like a shrinking violet ground cover and and I believe it leaks DNA into any plant within a mile and gives it Superman like powers ;) Seriously, flying out to visit folks in Tennesee, i landed at Nashville and took a rental car over to Spring City which involved a couple hr drive on I 40 at late night. I thought i was driving through a canyon till Bright Lights showed me Kudzu growing 50' up the trees.
93 here, changed pool filters and such, gotta get in and scoop out dead leaves, kick up green algae on bottom and SHOCK the heck out of it. At least it is like tepid baffwater and should be refreshing. Intersting development, my soon to be 18 yo grand who is on autism scale has developed mania for football. He has one more year of High School and he has a chance to be student manager of the football team. If he sticks it out he will get a Letter and get to wear the Jacket. That would be a great accomplishment for him and I laud the school for having an excellent program for developmental issued kids.

·
Super Moderator
28,517 Posts
Doug , people underestimate the ability of so many with different types of disabilities. With the right teachers and mentors they can achieve like anyone else.
Big rain storm today, but it cool things off.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BRAVO for your Grandson, and school district Doug! (y)
never heard of that 'poison weed' you discussed.......hope I ain't watering it round here.:unsure::ROFLMAO:

3-lbs of bacon
3-lbs Jersey tomatoes
6-ears of corn
1/2- head of ice burg lettuce
1 1/2 loaves of bread

FEEDS 4😁

One of our adopted Kids stopped by and joined us as he dropped off Nolyn the 'BIG Black Lab for a few days.

Squoze in GAME-1 of Harry Potter after dinner......looks like we'll be playing that again for a while.....usually good for a week to get through all 7 games. THOUGH that was never attempted during the heat of the summer, BBQ's, and pool time.:unsure:

Best of the goodies in life to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
Outstanding Doug. I have worked with the autism spectrum both professionally and in other places as co-workers. My experience is there is a that their focus and determination is a powerful force. Good job young man. Well done. Go get ‘em.

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
I am not sure if we have that here Doug. There is a nasty plant called Hogweed?? I am not sure now. Huge leaves and causes blisters and sores that last for months. Darn. Gotta go look it up now…. We don’t have it here either that I have found.

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Evening all,

cool on the feeing better Cath 👍🏼
Ditto on the grand with football Doug, 18 yrs old 😳🤯!,,, wow, seems like just yesterday 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️❤.

Mid morning run to the vet with Max, just a follow up for his back. Took Higgins along since somehow he missed a rabies shot for the year 🤷🏻‍♂️. The vet was awe struck with how well Max was doing ,,, ( plus he developed a “hot spot” on a hip, so spray and antibiotics came home with him) Asked her when she wanted to see Max again, she said he is “released” ( insert happy dance,,, especially when she commented about my bringing him in “way that way from home, “ hr round trip And now he does not need his bladder getting a catheter used to empty him now) and for me to keep doing what I’ve been doing cuz it’s been working so well .

met with the Doxie rescue rep to hand off the recent foster’s adoption fee and contract this afternoon, updated her on Max, and let her know I was “ready” to start fostering again( took a break when Max went “down”) while we were talking , it came to her that she has a foster for me , , a split up pair of both heartworm positive boy/girl,,, HW treatment started,,, and looks like I may be getting the fella at some point.
German Shepherd pup has a due date in almost 2 weeks , then 8 weeks of growing up before I pick( will pick prior) and bring him home, so I have some time to put forward for a long dawg in need.

Boids getting my attention/presence now,,, then a evening of tv n dawgs,,, welcome to my life .

Hope everyone had a good day!👍🏼

1 - 20 of 23 Posts