The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Good thing: my BTA is doing so well since sump added that it's HUGE
Bad thing: it actually reached a new part of the tank by opening up so large that it stung the heck out of my beautiful huge bunch of candy cane corals.

Question: are they goners? They look horrible right now and I can almost see skeletons on some. Three heads look like they are disintegrating and are "holey" almost. The rest are just folded up over the skeleton and I'm not sure if they got stung or look like that because I moved them to a different part of the tank. I can't post a pic right now because Steve has the camera.

·
11,345 Posts
They should be fine if they didnt have that long of exposure to the stings. Just move them clear of him and give it a few days. I personally would maybe give them a little extra flow than they usually get....not a ton...but just some. Others might have different input. I had one small 4 headed candy cane that fell without me noticing for a couple of weeks. It fell vehind my galaxy and i could barely make out any meat left on the heads unless just the actinics were on. It took aboout 4 months but now all the heads are full again and happy. They were under severe punishment though for a long time.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Let them rest and they should recover and lots of space around them.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Thats why I dont keep anenomes, even though I love them, they sting to many thing and you cant glue there butts dowm.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts