The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just curious I have a few zoo's that i like and was wonder can i put them on my glass bottom and wondering if the will do well in a low nutrient tank.

·
Detritus is not a pet
386 Posts
Yes they will, as will any other coral you want to keep, based on flow and feeding needs of each particular coral. FE a leather coral might not appreciate the 100x's turnover in clkwrks tank as much as his acros, but in his 90 gal tank with less turnover rate softies do great.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree also as your tank borders nutrient poor you may notice that they may not fair as well as they once did . Example you set up a new tank ....Once everything is running you may start to add things most times people think of zoos because of their known adaptability and they are most times very hardy . They thrive in the new setup for a good amount of time but as the tank fully matures things take a different route and we can starve our tank of nutrients . That inturn will cause zoo's and other corals to not do so well in the low nutrient enviroment unless there is food provided to the corals by means of feeding more to your fish but not to the point you are affecting water quality , feeding your corals with foods like rotifers,oyster eggs ect. As long as a good food source is provided low nutrients (No2,No3,Po4)shouldn't be a problem .

·
Registered
115 Posts
My zoos look good and grow rapidly in my bb. I feed the fish ALOT and throw in phyto every couple of days for the clams and zoos. I have them down low on the rocks so they don't get blasted by the light. I had a monti that was burned pretty good by some zoos - that sucked

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My Zoas do pretty god on my tank. I think I moved my tank to my office at work 2 months a go and since the rock were some of my zoas were have almost double. No problems with light or flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts