The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I'm upgrading my lights in December because of a clam purchase. My tank is a Description: Aqua Euro 28 Gallon Nano Tank dual 36 watt PC bulbs, 8 blue LEDs, 2 cooling fans, 2 160 gph pumps.

Height: 24 in

Depth: 23.9 in

I have:1clownfish.*
1spotted cardinal
*2 benggai cardinals
2 Sabellastarte feather duster
1 Torch coral 3 heads,*
1 crocea clam*
1 bubble tip anemone
1bubble coral
1 cleaner shrimp
Cleaner crew*

My question is metal halide, LED, or t5VHO? I'm leaning toward t5 or LED because I'm trying not to run my chiller ( I hate the noise) I do not plan on SPS as I am a beginner.
I want a light fixture that clips on top of tank as I do not want to mount stuff from the ceiling etc.
If you can point me in the right direction I will do my own research from there.
:read: Thanks TRT!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trt my clam needs you!lol.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thaks Nate! Im i step closer, How about a 300 $ range? Like I said I want something that requires no construction or building. Do you think I could get LEDs that are in a fixture for That price?BTW I don't plan on SPS.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have narrowed it down to this fixture anyone and everyone with any input is welcome to chime in.

These AquaticLife™ T5 HO fixtures offer 420/460 nm, 700+ nm and Lunar light in one streamlined unit.
  • Timer controls T5 HO Fluorescent Lamps and Lunar LED`s independently.
  • Adjustable width Aquarium Frame Mounts support fixture above the aquarium.
  • Gloss finish front side compliments the matte finish on top and ends of the fixture.
  • German-made specially angled reflector maximizes light by directing it into the aquarium.
  • Suspension Ports allow connection to optional cables for various mounting configurations
  • Four Sleek Fixtures
Lamps Included:
  • (2) 18" T5 HO 18W 420/460 Lamps
  • (2) 18" T5 HO 18W 700+ Lamps
  • (2) 1W Lunar LED`s
the fixture is 249.00. Is this a good amount of light ? My tank measures
20" x 18" x 22.5".
Im asking you because the LFS tells me I have enough light already with just my pc's ( which I know is not true) and I chated online with Marine depot live chat and all the guy said was "yeah aquatic life is a good company" , my boyfriend says he doesnt understand this kind of lighting and Im mathmatically disabled so whem I research all the K.W,K,nm, CRI I go a little cookoo.
Any lighting help will be so appreciated by myself and my tank critters.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok then , it got great reviews and as long as my BTA and clam will be ok under these I think its a go. I like the built in timer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts