The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you help Mr. Lobo? + pics from this morning

I bought this Lobo yesterday in hopes of nursing it back to health. Very ambitious since I'm new to this hobby but it spoke to me :agree: and I couldn't refuse. (of course it was at a drastically reduced price).

Attached are pictures but here's added description. One Lobe has flesh but in quite a few areas along the edge the spikes (skeleton) is exposed. On the second lobe, to the left, only a small section of flesh exists. There is a 3rd lobe (not pictured) which there doesn't appear to be any living tissue.

This is what I've done so far and I would greatly appreciate any advise to help me, help Mr. Lobo.

- Yesterday I took around an hour to acclimate it.
- I added the Coral vitamins to the tank (already a part of my routine)
- This morning I target fed it Coral Smorgasbord and again this evening. (no reaction)

Lighting is VHO with Actinics

Attachments

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I have seen flesh grow back over the skeleton of candy cane corals fairly quickly...hopefully the same will happen to Mr. Lobo! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:dance: Yay! Mr. Lobo

It may be too early to start dancing but I noticed this morning that it had inflated, not sure of the exact term when coral does this. I'm just happy of this little improvement. I've attached a picture not sure if it really captures the difference from yesterday's pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noob101 said:
Quick Q? How do you target certain corals? Is there a special tool or just adding it pretty much right over the coral?
I read in various places that some people use a turkey baster. But that's seems a little too much for what I need.

Here's my own tailored version.

At one of the LFS I visit. The had a stand of clear long tubes approximately 3 ft long. The one I picked/chose was narrow, like a straw. I just stick one end into the bottle of whatever coral feed. The water dilutes this mixture. I strategically place the end of the "straw" upstream and gently "puff" out around the coral.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbup:
More news. (Which seems to prove I spend way too much time "clucking" around my tank)

Around once a week I take small pieces of shrimp and feed this to my bubble, ricordeas and yellow polyps. So I get this wonderful idea to try it with Mr. Lobo. Well....Yes! All 3 lobes ate it up. It took awhile of running this little bit of shrimp on the surface but it ate it. What can I say, life is good when you feel like your saving another life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts