The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if I can keep two foxface or even three in a tank . I have the regular fox face in my 125 right now but I also have two 220s also . I want to get the fiji foxface and a magnificent fox face. My question is can I have Two of them in same tank or even possibly all three, since they are different color patterns? I was told not to do it by somebody , but then I see multiples all the time on the show tanked when they build new tanks for people and throw multiples of a bunch of fish I thought weren’t allowed to be multiples of. Also I am new to the hobby . Have been in it for 6 months so far , but also already got 10-15K invested , so im full on committed. Im also new to this website, just created my account a few min ago and this is my first post . Any advice will help. Thanks !

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Welcome and have fun.
Compatibility is listed as with caution on live aquaria. You often have better luck introducing similar fish at the same time. You also have the ability to separate them if necessary with the other tanks.
So if you want try it, but keep an eye on them. If aggression develops move one.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Welcome to TRT, and the marine hobby.

Never kept multiples of them, but loved our One Spot Foxface we had......highly recommended.....GREAT PERSONALITIES!

THAT said, everything I see/read says NO. Kept our's in a 210 gallon, and though extremely peaceful with all the other inhabitants, you could tell he thought 'they were swimming in HIS tank'. 210's a huge tanks, but I have tried a few other species where it was said 'you can't'......and always THEY were correct.

Only my 2-cents, and there's always exceptions out there.... All the best,
Hack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice! Yea I always here about a bunch of fish not being compatible together but then I see tanks that make me think otherwise. I’ve been experimenting on my own and so far have had pretty good success. A few bumps on the way but mostly smooth! One of the bumps actually happend today , where I bought a maroon clown to go with my maroon that I already had . But within 20 minutes of being in the tank , he was dead. And it was the other maroon who actually killed him.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
With Clowns you need to make sure you don’t have 2 females. One way to do this is not to get the largest of the group. The dominant fish in a group will turn female. 2 females will fight till one is dead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With Clowns you need to make sure you don’t have 2 females. One way to do this is not to get the largest of the group. The dominant fish in a group will turn female. 2 females will fight till one is dead.
Yea I prob got another female. Maybe I’ll try another one down the road but for now the maroon is gunna be a loner lol. Do you have any tips on getting clowns to host anemones?

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
No telling what they will host.
Some people put the nem and clown in a colander to kind of force them together. Have not tried it and don’t care for the sound of it myself.

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Maroon and tomato clown are pretty aggressive. I like Percy the best, we had five in a 75 for years, one mated pair and the other where outcast, they where a pair of our mating clowns. They are still alive in a friends tank. They have to be pushing 20 years now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts