The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear people talk about these chemicals all the time and I see the reactors and dosing pumps but is there a thread explain what each does and if dosing is needed? I wasn't planning on touching this stuff because I didn't know about it but it seems important lol. I'm doing a 40B build and already over budget but if it seems important I'll invest more into it. Thanks.

·
125 Gallon Tank
1,932 Posts
will its not important as u think, it is but not everybody needs to dose, get a test kit for all the things ur talking about and test them u may not need ot add anything

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the proper levels for phosphate, calcium, mag, alkaline, kalkwasser, iodine, strontium

·
125 Gallon Tank
1,932 Posts
type reef tan parameters on google and u get many tables

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Water changes will handle tank parameters, good husbandry will handle nitrates and phosphates. once you have been in reefing for a while, and decide to set up an sps tank, you may need to supplement calcium and alkalinity...read a lot, research a lot, and never dose anything, unless you need it, and can test for it. Google "Randy Holmes Farley, reef chemistry, kalkwasser, and on this site" reefkeeping made easy"

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I do have both the saltwater and reef test kits from API. I haven't had livestock yet so I guess I can wait for that. But I do plan on having lots of corals. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts