The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
below put some nice hardy fish,inverts,anenomes,or corals to put in my 10 gal reef. im new at the hobby of reef keeping so tell me some good fish to get. :D :rolleyes: :confused: :idea: :cool: :fish:

small fish though!!:idea:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Since your just starting out, if you don't have alot of Live rock
I would get a couple of Damnsels that aren't all that teritorial,
just tt the people at the fish store and they will tell you which ones you should get, a couple of shrimp, something similar to that which would keep some your sandbed clean, maybe a Clown also..

·
Registered
662 Posts
3 fish is too much for a 10 gallon....what is your setup like? Lighting, Skimming, Live Rock? If you have PC lighting, you could keep some Zoo colonies, a shroom or two, maybe a small LPS frag. IF you have the NO bulb on a standard 10 gallon hood, maybe some low light shrooms or Zoos. For fish and inverts, I'd get a clown, maybe a goby of some type. 1 Cleaner or Peppermint shrimp. I personally wouldn't keep an anenome. It seems like even the experts in here have trouble keeping them. Hope this helps, Mike

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Damsells are good for beginners but almost all are semi-territorial, domino damsells about 2-3 and maybe a pair of percula clowns (domino damsells have also been known to devellop a symbiotic relationship w/ anenomes like clowns, so you could add some carpet anenome) would be good but you may need to upgrade in the future, 1-2 skunk cleaners would help you keep parrasites under control, I just set up a 150 gallon tank with #1 sand and live rock and I am using 10 blue devil damsells and 4 percula clowns to condition my tank, I'm really excited!

G

·
10 gal get a couple golbies..... get the tank cycled then get some srooms, zoanthids, maybe an open brain.... get 2 or 3 clown golbies :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.