The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this stuff on alot of my live rock, anyone know what it is or can tell me anything about it?

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
looks like zoos to me or an encrusting sea mat not sure if those are the same thing or not

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
i will see if i can hunt that down for you. it is a stony coral. i have usually ony seen it on carribean LR. way cool!! it is a stony so good CA levels are a must. that seems to be all it wants. i also likes good light, i had one for several years and it did fine under 175w mh's.

G~

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Phyllangia?

I've got something on a piece of rock that has been growing for six months or more, and is multiplying. Might be different that your stuff, since it seems to be single polyps instead of a colony like yours, even though they are multiplying. Anyway, p. 321 of Borneman's Coral book is the genus Phyllangia. Can this be it?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Yardboy, that is also a carribean coral but is different than the one in the first pic. While I don't know the name of either one off hand I know that Jerel could ID it if he sees this thread... :)

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
Re: Phyllangia?

yardboy said:
I've got something on a piece of rock that has been growing for six months or more, and is multiplying. Might be different that your stuff, since it seems to be single polyps instead of a colony like yours, even though they are multiplying. Anyway, p. 321 of Borneman's Coral book is the genus Phyllangia. Can this be it?
thanks, that is the stuff i was originally thinking of. you beat me to the book.

G~

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Looks like a tag on Gruv's corals, Cladecora, but I'm not so sure about mine. They are more solitary, and all the pictures of Cladecora show quite shorttentacles. Think that is what mine are too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts