The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a way to remove macro algae and hair algae. I know that the foxface will eat the hair algae. What about the macro algae? Can any one spare a foxface or some thing that will help me? I do not have much money now but I might have stuff to trade. I have been going crazy trying to take care of this:nuts::angry::freak::doh:.

If any one can help me I will be for ever greatfull.

Thanks

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Pet expo has em for 25/30 Maybe bring frags there. Also any rabbit will work. I have a magnificent, but do not care to risk moving him around as he cost me a fortune and may be too big for your tank but not sure what you have, if it was a foxface I would definately let you borrow him. I would try PE. Honestly there has to be something causing this, have you tested your source water for TDS? Have you tested anything? I have a Salifert test kit if you want for just about anything. You can use them if you assure me they are in good hands. (also cost a fortune but at least you can not kill em :) )

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Ask Jerry about a dwarf sea hare. I have oner and it works great. And to my surprise I saw it cleaning off the intake to a PH in my tank the other day. At first I thought it was stuck to it and freaked, but then I saw it was eating and crwaling around on the intake.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Nice Mine got stuck to an intake and kacked

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Pet expo wants $45 for one. I was looking yesterday. Smeese I have a test kit and I will be doing some testing very soon, on the other hand I do not have a way to test TDS.

·
Banned
149 Posts
I have a sea hair and it has cleaned up my tank nicely. Ate all the bryopsis and even eats the caulerpa that's in there. Not the prettiest of creatures and it seems like it's constantly pooping, but it's getting the job done nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts