The Reef Tank banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Well , when it comes to film cameras, Nikon FM2 was my go to camera for 35 and rolieflex for my median format. But I also love Minolta cameras. Back when I shot a lot of film I carried 3 or 4 cameras and all set up with different lens. As I got older the weigh was too much.

Super Moderator
It鈥檚 like my darkroom, I have three nice enlarger all set to do different formats and one is fir color. Just make life easier. But I don鈥檛 do a bunch now and when I do I will for months then not again for awhile. I love working in the darkroom when I do . But then get busy doing other things

Super Moderator
I used to have a b&w dark room. Other concerns made me sell my equipment. Are B&W chemicals still readily available?
Yes, film is still very popular. No problem getting stuff. Not everything like years ago, but lots of new films . Chemicals are available. Paper of all kinds

Administrator
I love old film cameras, I had a 6x7 Bessler enlarger wu=ith a decent Rodenstock lense but camera shop with all the supplies are rare. Burning and dodging during print is a lost art as is exposure and developin manipulation.

Registered
Ben there done that. Loved this playing in the dark room. Push or pulling film when developing. Manipulating when printing. I was a photographer for the school annual my senior year. Hate to think what it is now. Wonder what they did with the dark room. Probably no use for it now.

Super Moderator
Cheap film cameras are a no go, film and develping is hard to come by
Not hard to get paper or chemicals. It鈥檚 like a cult thing and lots of people still doing it. Actually making a comeback in some ways.

Administrator
It's 81 outside and 90 inside :( that was at 1 Pm
Pretty much same her but my darkroon was half the Garage Studio. cleanin up
back porch I have a few totes of negs and slide but I believe I have a 35 mm enlaarger, if it ois mostly there i would rather send it to you than dump it

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Adorama used to be my goto place.....and a quick check appear to still be going strong.
Hack

Super Moderator
It's 81 outside and 90 inside :( that was at 1 Pm
Pretty much same her but my darkroon was half the Garage Studio. cleanin up
back porch I have a few totes of negs and slide but I believe I have a 35 mm enlaarger, if it ois mostly there i would rather send it to you than dump it
Expensive to ship enlargers. I alway love more equipment, lol

Administrator
Adororama is OK, I have used them before. Since you are on East Coast if it is not to far may plan in person visit. FishDaddy liked KEH cause they were in Atlanta or close, they speak Southern ;)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts