Reef fanatic auto top off w/ mag2
Heat, 2 250 ebo-jagers
DIY furniture

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks stormdragon,
I have been refinishing the tanks furniture; It's starting to look like a space station- well see, i will post pics soon:D

·
double cappuccino
1,633 Posts
Cal, that looks like so much freakin' fun, I'm so jealous. So many fun toys to play with. And it looks like you're doing it right from the start which is great.

Those Oceanic sumps are so sexy....

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's the purpose of the attached triangular thing to the tank stand/canopy? Is it just a stand extension to house a piece of art or something?

Oh, and does your Aquaspacelight buzz strongly? I've got the same model and mine is loud!

Very cool tank!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Casey

Dtsreef, it all started out as not being able to fit my sump in the stand. Then I fuguared how cool it would be to have a cabinet that would house a 50 gl. auto top off system and have more room for add ons, ie. chiller/ca reactor. Then i wanted to beable to run all top tank plumbing through the side and then house a gravity feed refuge in the top. I guess form followed function in this case.

The AB Spacelight is awesome, I love it. When doing resurch on the fixture I read about alot of other people having the loud buzz and it was that the ballast was mounted against the housing and needed to be readjusted. Mine is very quite and can not be heard
1 minute after beeing fired up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Calvinc4s said:
Dtsreef, it all started out as not being able to fit my sump in the stand..... The AB Spacelight is awesome, I love it....Mine is very quite and can not be heard 1 minute after beeing fired up.
Hah! I thought it had something to do with needing extra cabinet space. I set-up a 90 gallon the end of summer I kept saying that I was going to put the tank on a stand built for a 200 gallon tank just so I'd have plenty of sump space.

I assume you built the stand yourself -- great job! I wish I had the tools/skill to do that.

Count yourself lucky you have a quiet Aquaspacelight. I took mine apart and everything was tight and seemed to be fitted properly, but is still noisy. The noise comes exclusively from the igniters. Everything else is silent. AquaMedic has my fixture now and is fixing it. But guess what, the loaner they gave me buzzes too, but not as badly. Again, it's the igniters. I checked my wall outlet voltage and it's perfect, so that's not the problem. It's not me being noise sensitive either as I went to a warehouse where over 30 of these things were on over tanks, and they were totally silent. So far AquaMedic has been very helpful. I just hope they can fix my light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.