The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just done a test on the aquarium.,....Calcium was 400ppm and alkalinity was 4.34 meq/l --- kh of 12.2 dkh can this be right or did I do something wrong????

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im useing the A&B dosing system.....Ill use the ca only....also Im dosing kalk as a top off....the a&b is a 2 part alkalinity and calcium...

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
with kalk and no corals right now, you might not have to dose alk or Ca. i would test the water if it reads 350-400 for Ca and about 9-11 for alk than do not add anything. right now since your alk is a bit high, i would just do a normal dose of Ca and no alk. test 24 hrs later to see what has changed. i really would not dose again untill the next week. it is better to change slowly when dealing with Ca and alk.

eventually you will get the hang of how much is needed to get them in sync. this is one of the reasons why it is suggested to wait a year before adding tough critters like clams and anemones. it is not really the tank that needs maturing it is the aquarist who needs to learn the system. :D

G~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts