The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I few months ago I wass all hyped up to buld myself a Ca Reactor. I decided that the total costs including hardware (reg, controller, tank, etc) was morer than I could afford. Well after spending close to 15 buckes a week in Liquid Ca. and I still cannot get my Ca over 300ppm. (heavy SPS tank) I have decided to go thru with the biuld.

It will be a fairly small reactor compared to some but more the enought for the 75g. (I hope)

I have all the acrylic ordered it will be here Tuesday. I have the Weld-on and misc parts here already (got them yesterday).

Origionally I was going to have 2 6" chamber 18" tall.

Now I will have 1 5" main chamber and 1 4" effluent chamber both 12" tall.
Both will be upflow.

The chamber are clear acrylic. the base and top plate are bue acrylic and the chamber wills are clear. I thoug bue would look different and a little cool. :) I also got black nylon 1/4-20 x 3/4" thumb screws for the caps.

I'm working on the solid model and drawings right now and should have them this weekend.

All the parts will be CNC machined for precision fits.

More soon.

Here is a link to my original build thread that I never finished.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f76/my-diy-ca-reactor-build-thread-lots-of-pics-115034.html?highlight=reactor

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got a used PH Controller from RC. I still need a regulator, recirc pump and misc tubing etc....

I was thinking about a MAG 2 for recirc but am now thining about a quiet one pump....

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
I just got a used PH Controller from RC. I still need a regulator, recirc pump and misc tubing etc....

I was thinking about a MAG 2 for recirc but am now thining about a quiet one pump....
I've got a mag2 on my reactor, and it's always done fine, but I think there are better choices. I've not had a quiet one... have you looked at the smaller eheim pumps? I love my 1262.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a mag2 on my reactor, and it's always done fine, but I think there are better choices. I've not had a quiet one... have you looked at the smaller eheim pumps? I love my 1262.
Those eheims are so expensive....
Even the 1048 (158 gph) is still $60
I can get a MAG 2 (250gph) for $40

1 - 4 of 4 Posts