The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal. I just bought my first calcium reactor, a Korallin for my 90 bb sps tank.

I want to use a CA reactor on my 225 lps tank as well to just help keep everything in line even though the ca demands arent nearly the same.

Would the following accomplish my needs on a 225 lps only tank???

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78512

Im not questioning the value of it. It looks like he did a good job and you all know how much i spent on that Korallin, but its more crucial in my sps tank.

And another thing. can i use ONE CO2 tank and regulator to run two totally different reactors and systems?? Or do i need two regulators.

If so, how??

thanks everybody

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
it looks like all of the basic parts are there. i do not see why it would not work. as long as it holds water it should be fine.

you can use the same CO2 tank, but you would need separate regulators, along with controllers. if not than the pH levels could not be consistant.

G~

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geoff said:
it looks like all of the basic parts are there. i do not see why it would not work. as long as it holds water it should be fine.

you can use the same CO2 tank, but you would need separate regulators, along with controllers. if not than the pH levels could not be consistant.

G~

So that one IS big enough for a 225 lps system to help keep parameters in line????

Do i need a controller with that korallin? I picked that opne because more than a couple people said i didnt need to run kalk OR a controller with it.

??

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
the controllers are not absolutely necessary, but are nice to have just in case your pH starts to drop it can be shut off before things get bad. since it says it does not need it, than i am guessing it has a really slow drip rate.

pretty much any Ca reactor can handle any size tank. it is just a matter of how fast the media gets used up. also the higher the flow the greater chance of pH drifting downward. if that is a large water cannister than it should be large enough to keep the flow slow enough to keep the pH high by the time it gets to the system. i think that made sense. :rolleyes:

sorry, i did not mean regulator on the CO2 tank, i meant the solenoid on the reactor. you only need one regulator on the CO2 tank, not two.

G~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts