The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
NIce Lion SM, has it been trained to eat other than live food yet.
They usually take to silversides or shrimp, I strongly recommend getting some Selcon to supplement the foods :)
So how long is it?

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Og yeah..... he's gonna get BIG!!!!

You can tell by spines above his eyes...

Lemme know when we can meet up in Quakertown and I'll take him off your hands...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well doug he's body is only about 2" and no he won't eat anything besides live food. (I think I final know what happen to my blenny) But on suggestions from the lfs I deal with they told me to try krill and cocktail shrimp. They ordered some silversides for me but god knows when they will get them. So rite now just so he would eat I gave him some rosies and boy did he gobble those poor fish down. (I had no choice he needed food)

Buzz hopefully in a week or 2 I will be able to set up a time to meet up with you but until then I am doing my best to keep him healthy. I realy wish I could keep him but I am not a good enough reef keeper or sw person yet to handle a fish like this. (Makes me wish my big tank was set up and running.)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
The biggest thing in keeping thse fish is getting them onto non-live food...

It takes a LOT of patience and effort. After that, they make for great pets as they will live for 15-18 years if given a proper environment... After you get them weened off live food, the only thing you need to do special is make sure not to get stung by them.... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.