The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which store / sponsor offers the best deal on salt? A reef salt that requires as little supplements as possible? Something like reef crystals. Is it still the best deal to go online? Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
Taging along.. I am going to need to get some salt soon aslo.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Aquabuys I believe has a disc. on salt for ARC. They carry reef crystals and Tropic Marin

·
Monkey Man
409 Posts
I second Aquabuys!!! He has the best deal on salt short a powerbuy!

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
If you print the add from petsmart.com and show it to the person at your local petsmart, you can get 160 gal bucket of instant ocean for $31.99

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my first choice, but I've heard calcium is around 360 for this product and I'd have to dose. This is vs. 420 for the IO reef crystals. I keep hoping petsmart will start carrying the crystals.

·
Why I get nothing done...
2,978 Posts
Schwaggs said:
If you print the add from petsmart.com and show it to the person at your local petsmart, you can get 160 gal bucket of instant ocean for $31.99
This is true, I just did this, although it required the head honcho store manager to come down out of his office and approve it. We had this same discussion in PNWMAS forum if you want to read up.

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77865

I ended up buying both a bucket of IO and Seachem. Tested both and was confused on the results. IO was a bit low in CA and Seachem was way low on Mg. I'll just mix the two.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had forgot how much i payed for my last bucket of IO but i just went and looked and was 35.99 from Cap Bay

·
Ô¿Ô
834 Posts
tashier said:
This is true, I just did this, although it required the head honcho store manager to come down out of his office and approve it. We had this same discussion in PNWMAS forum if you want to read up.

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77865

I ended up buying both a bucket of IO and Seachem. Tested both and was confused on the results. IO was a bit low in CA and Seachem was way low on Mg. I'll just mix the two.
I bought some today and she just rang me up for 31.99 after I showed her the online page. Took all of about 10 seconds to walk up and pay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts