The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My tank is almost fully cycled and i'm getting a mantis shrimp (either N. wennerae or G. smithii if possible).

I was wondering if anyone in the UK has any experience of buying any mantis shrimp or know of any stores holding them? My LFS said they will take on the challenge though they don't know when they'd get it.

Thanks in adcvance

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi There

I was exactly where You are now few years back and all I can say it's GOOD LUCK !!!
Most of the shops will tell You that they can get mantis shrimp for You but that's not gonna happend. How do I know? I've made order for any mantis shrimp in over 50 shops around UK !!! I was calling most of them once a month for over two years and nothing !!!

Thing is that noone in UK will import mantis shrimp. The only way they can get them is when one of small mantis comes to their shop hiding in a rock.

Now I do have 6" peacock mantis shrimp and 2" green mantis shrimp.
Both of them have been imported on very special order and they are not cheap !!!

Did I mention that I do keep both of them along with hermits, corals snails and fish in the same tank? I'm the only person in UK who was able to do it.

If You want mantis please contact me with what exactly You need (species, gendre, size) and I can get it for You but it's not gonna be cheap. 4" peacock costs around £85 right now.

All the best and once again good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There

I was exactly where You are now few years back and all I can say it's GOOD LUCK !!!
Most of the shops will tell You that they can get mantis shrimp for You but that's not gonna happend. How do I know? I've made order for any mantis shrimp in over 50 shops around UK !!! I was calling most of them once a month for over two years and nothing !!!

Thing is that noone in UK will import mantis shrimp. The only way they can get them is when one of small mantis comes to their shop hiding in a rock.

Now I do have 6" peacock mantis shrimp and 2" green mantis shrimp.
Both of them have been imported on very special order and they are not cheap !!!

Did I mention that I do keep both of them along with hermits, corals snails and fish in the same tank? I'm the only person in UK who was able to do it.

If You want mantis please contact me with what exactly You need (species, gendre, size) and I can get it for You but it's not gonna be cheap. 4" peacock costs around £85 right now.

All the best and once again good luck.
Hello mate am interested in buying how can I get hold of one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts