The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Reefer Madness
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any recommendations for online stores for livestock?
Is The Reef Hot Spot reputable? Blue Zoo Aquatics? Aquacon? FreshMarine? Looking for guidance and input...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I can't say, I don't know where you are in NY, are there not any reputable LFS in your area? Unless you are going to place large orders it can bew pricey.

www.coralreeffarm.com

this is a LFS where I live I have been to there warehouse (it is a little store in a warehouse area.) there live stock looks very healthy and the owners seem reputable. I have only been there a couple times and just bought rock from them so far. therefore I can't say what kind of luck i have had with their livestock. There will be some folks that chime in with some good places as well.

·
Reefer Madness
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to use Marie Depot Live online, but they are gone. I won't buy anything but dry supplies for Petco (near me).

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
I'd say any of our sponsor that have them are good and you probably cheaper if you tell them your from TRT!

·
Registered
13 Posts
FreshMarine.com

I placed an order with FreshMarine.com. They had a special where if you order $350 or more you get free shipping. I placed an order for $350.57. I received my order promptly and in excellent condition, but they deleted some of the items I purchased so my order was under $350 and charged me shipping. I also ordered some species and received the wrong species. I tried to contact them to fix this problem but couldn't call them and couldn't send them an email in their "contact us" page. The items I got I have to say are really nice, but I am very upset with the fact that they did not give me what I wanted and deleted some items so they could charge me shipping. I am going to dispute the charge on my credit card and let them contact me. Overall, I think this site is shady and would recommend anyone interested in purchasing fish/corals/aquarium products from a different site. Next time I buy on-line, I am going to call them first to make sure I can contact them. Do not buy from FreshMarine.com!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I like bluezooaquatics.com and liveaquaria.com. I have bought fish, invertebrates, and corals from both without any problems. The few times I did have an issue they were great at resolving. Online can be cheaper than you LFS (even with the added shipping cost). Online also has a larger selection of fish available. Most local fish stores don't offer a guarantee, but most online do. I have never had an shady business dealings with either company, and I highly recommend it. The only negative is there guarantee does not include shipping, so you loose out there.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I've bought from Pacific East Aquaculture{MD}, Saltwaterfish.com, Reef2Reef.

No problems with any of them. Pacific East was the best packed and seemed to have the highest quality livestock....you pay extra for that.

Have heard good things about Live Aquaria too.

·
Active Anemone
1,664 Posts
I dont mean to bring up an old post but i would stay away from saltwaterfish.com I have had nothing but bad luck.

bluezoo is my number 1
liveaquaria easy second place.

I found this thread cause i almost ordered from freshmarine and decided ill stick with my guns.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,366 Posts
My go-to is definitely http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/. Have never had an issue, even in the dead of winter. ("Before I knew better. So always check the weather carefully a crossed the country between you and where your shipment originates."):agree: If your order is big enough for free shipping, prices then become cheaper by far than locally bought, plus much better selections. Very best of luck,
Hack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts