The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forum and I have a question for ya!

I have an Amircle Skimmmer that is a hang on tank model and a wet/dry filter (no biomedia) which is also an Amiracle on a 38 gallon tank.

I am thinking about replacing the hang on tank skimmer with a new one but I am not sure what to buy. The reason for replacement is that the skimmer I have is hard to take apart and clean. Little plastic scerws strip, and the O-ring is an odd ball size that I have a hard time finding replacement.

Any advice? What about something that sits in the filter?

Matt

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Matt Welcome to TRT we are glad to have ya,I am sure you will get plenty of responses we have an awesome group here.:) :beer:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Red Sea 50-250, very flexible for different size systems, will grow with you, works well out of the box, but can be midified to be a super skimmer, easily disassembled and cleaned, is available as a H.O.T. model, not excessively tall, has a small footprint, and is relatively inexpensive.

I am currently running skimmers on the systems as they are moved into the new house, although once the systems have matured I seldom run a skimmer. The display has one of Andy's (My Reef Creations) skimmers running, although all it is doing now is pulling out some of the suspended stuff from the addition of the sand to the tank (nothing else in the tank for now). His design works extremely well and is easily disassembled for cleaning. Parts are readily available for his skimmers as well. I will be running skimmers until the tanks are reestablished (about 9 to 10 months) then I'll run them about every few days (off when feeding or dosing greenwater), slowly going to skimming only occasionally (every week to two weeks after the "storms").

HTH, you can usually p/u one of the Red Sea skimmers used for a little dinero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.