The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......Not really BUSY, just extra pencil marks on the calendar.

Top of the morning, and.....HAPPY TUESDAY!
Sunshine and lollipops with near 90 degrees for our day. For any in the path of Nicholas be safe!

Coffee is up, and Cinnamon raisin toast as an excuse to dribble butter down your chins.

Spine Dr. visit before work this morning...,.,PT ran out last week, so will see if'n it get's renewed or I'm thrown back in the lake?
2nd COVID shot today as well......place yer bets, 'Will the Hack man get the bugger-boos tomorrow?'

Hope a very nice day greets all,
Hack

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took me a second, but I got it Hack, haha.

As a steel mill spark chaser, I got into the habit of carrying a tool pouch /bag sized pipe wrench for the last 25 or so of my 36 yrs working. Production ( and some of my fellow ‘lectricians) would ask why I carried a pipe wrench, my go to response was “because I USE it!!” . As a hammer( my co-worker/buddy also carried a pipe wrench) which when a limit switch “needed” it’s cover taken off and the screws were so far past being useable( and we needed to work ASAP, on the innerds) a pipe wrench fit the bill just fine. Also used it on non plumbing/pipe related needs. and it did me well over the years. Since I had it so long, when I retired I took it home with me. Poor thing has a slight sideways “bend” to it, I called it character. Dunno how it came to having a slight arc to it, prob was not one job, but many over its service. When I use it here in the shop, it’s like having a old friend in my hands again, and remember our history together.

G’night TRTrs!
I KNOW THAT TOOL!

I have 2 of them....
One dinky little one for fine, technical adjustments, and it's bugger brother for more tenuous applications.....IT has a distinct 'curvature of the spine' also......I can spot it from a mile away if'n someone thinks wrongly it's theirs. Been a part of my arsenal for over 30 years now. I's a little sadistic.....It likes abuse.
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,265 Posts
Good morning Hack, Jeff and all,

sitting out in the patio listening to the rain, Baton Rouge had some neighborhoods flood last night, they are west of us. Glad I cut the grass before it started.

I looked at the satellite image and it’s going to get heavier later, I’m not really to concerned., the forecast rain amounts are high but the river levels are good.
Have a great day.

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
262 Posts
Mornin Hack, Vinnie and all TRT. Coffee and canned peaches are here. I went to our LFS last night to pick up some freshwater community stock for the 120. Didn’t want it to lose the bacteria in the filter from only having my fat catfish left in it. Holy Moley is selection poor. Almost nothing in the tanks. One store had no plants at all. One tank had 2 cardinal tetras. 2. I guess I will have to go to the city store for the center piece fish when I decide what I want.

Hack, there are few things more comforting than a beat up wrench that's been by your side for decades. I have a couple from when I was an apprentice and you are right, they do way more than they should cause ya know them better.

Vinnie, out on the porch or patio watching it rain is a great way to spend some time. I live right in town and when it rains everyone goes inside and it is quiet. One of my favorite times to sit outside.

Have a great day every one.

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
262 Posts
Yeah, I tried to buy a new motorcycle helmet and there is almost nothing on line in a regular size.

·
Super Moderator
27,348 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Vinnie, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and cinnamon raisin toast, Hack, and thanks, Rick, for peaches your wife canned. Yummmmy breakfast there.

Hack, I hooe your neck gets a clean bill of health!
My bet on your second vaccine is you will get a bit of a reaction, but no more than 2 days of aches. Kinda like a flu shot.

Vinnie - Good to hear that you won’t get a serious wallop from Nicholas!

Rick - Love your descriptions of sitting and enjoying a good rain. Delicious relaxation.

Tools? Boy did I get rid of tools when I moved. No longer will I need a drain wrench, etc, etc.

Last night I went to a classical concert at a formal venu. Everyone wore masks when walking around/not eating. The doors were open so the rooms were filled with fresh night air which meant that the music could be heard far and wide. I stayed up way too late, and it was so worth it!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
Morning all, might get a little rain this weekend but nothing like back there.49 this am, going for mid 80s later with cooling trend.
I have a 12" Crescent wrench that I was given back in the 90s. It has been used more as an impact tool than a wrench. My go too when percussive maintenance is called for.
Ah shortages, delivery day is like like hoping we won the warehouse lottery, never no what will be outta stock. Really not good when popular beers are unavailable.
Well better speed addled off to work, have a great day all

·
Super Moderator
22,244 Posts
Morning all,
Put out wild bird food in the feeders yesterday, after the state said we could, since the mystery disease that was making them sick/dead had passed .
This morning it looks like the boid telegraph is working , had a good number of them showing up today for grub. Have not seen my fav blue jays and woodpeckers yet but imagine they will return after they get the “feather mail”.

Have a few things in mind to tend to so far today, will work up a mental list as the day progresses.

On to it ,,

Hope everyone has a great day!

Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
22,244 Posts
I refilled my hummingbird feeder today, I like watching then, little birds get very territorial. We have a bunch of blue jays and cardinals here along with the mockingbirds.
I broke the “rules” when they said to put away ALL feeders and kept the hummingbird feeders up.Since they ( I believe) come back to the same location each year I felt I would good their routine up and might bypass / forget my place next year.
They nest and raise their young in trees around the house, and fun watching the lil ones working the feeders. Dunno if you have the same species that I have up here, but the ruby throated hummingbirds don’t “socialize “ . Never see more than one at a feeder at a time, and when I see multiples it’s when one is chasing another away from “its” feeders.
2 feeders in front and back, and I sometimes get buzzed by them when they are in “dogfight” mode.
After I posted earlier about not seeing blue jays for a while ( when feeders were down) I was wondering if/when I would see them after feeders were back up. I clicked “post reply” on the earlier post and got up and walked to the kitchen/back window. Sure enough there was a blue Jay on the fence( hoping it remembered where I toss peanuts out for them)
Don’t think it will take lo g for them all to find that dinner is served here for them.

A few things I ordered showed up this morning, and got a call to set a time for the FedEx truck to deliver the forklift arms and attach base for the Deere, and if I had means to pickup the 450% or so of pallet er heavy stuff .told her yup.

my knee/leg is still reminding me I’m old and falling apart . And in case I did not get their message, just about every bone in my bod hurts too.Hoping it fades away eventually.

Back to the day at hand, carry on TRTrs!

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone noticed a 'lot of the forums have been highlighted as in something new in them.....when there isn't'?
Hack
OH....HI!

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just checked over on OneFora and evidently was a 'Tuesday house keeping glitch', so sorry for any inconveniences.
Hack

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Popping some frozen pizzas in the oven....sausage and pepperoni.
Doc visit went good.....patted me on the head, said 'good boy' and gave me another month of PT. YUP....a real 'communicator' that one. Actually I'm thrilled he backed off from the scalpel talk, and PT has brought me a long way....I estimated for them to be 70% nicer.

Got my 2nd pfizer shot today.......sure hope if'n I get the eebi geebis it's tomorrow, as Thursday I am slammed at the creek.

A clean slate lies ahead for us this evening.....THAT'S a marvelous opportunity for 'nothing' to occur. 😁

Peace and really cool things to All,
Hack

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We's got sunshine n lollipops till......perhaps Thursday or Friday? Maybe that storm that slammed Texas?
Sad time of the year now, time to decide if'n it's time to just let our pool slip gracefully into the night, or throw more money 'chemicals' in it and keep it going for another week er 2. Nights dipping into the 40's doesn't really hold the enticement value up....on a 90 degree day, yeah, a splash in some cold water feels refreshing. But not so much in the evenings. And waiting for a weekend.....kinda just dragging out the inevitable....like we usually do. So just may let it pass with fond memories.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,348 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Morning all, might get a little rain this weekend but nothing like back there.49 this am, going for mid 80s later with cooling trend.
I have a 12" Crescent wrench that I was given back in the 90s. It has been used more as an impact tool than a wrench. My go too when percussive maintenance is called for.
Ah shortages, delivery day is like like hoping we won the warehouse lottery, never no what will be outta stock. Really not good when popular beers are unavailable.
Well better speed addled off to work, have a great day all
Hahaha on using that crescent wrench for an impact/percussive tool.

Morning all,
Put out wild bird food in the feeders yesterday, after the state said we could, since the mystery disease that was making them sick/dead had passed .
This morning it looks like the boid telegraph is working , had a good number of them showing up today for grub. Have not seen my fav blue jays and woodpeckers yet but imagine they will return after they get the “feather mail”.

Have a few things in mind to tend to so far today, will work up a mental list as the day progresses.

On to it ,,

Hope everyone has a great day!
A friend in the central part of VA said it's not safe for wild birds yet. Wonder what caused the mystery disease?

Good thing you have the forklift to hoist 450 pounds rather than your knee. Eeeek! Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Zoom meeting tonight. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

Grooviness to all tonight. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts