The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all who have items to donate either for a raffle or want to sell and have the proceeds donated to a speaker (since Mike won't take "our" money ;) ), go ahead and post here...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
As you know a couple members houses burnt down in the recent heat wave. Li, Brandon and I built a custom 120 and would like to donate it to the funds. 100% of the money will go to the speaker next year (as is the wishes of the victim's). If I may be so bold, this is a top notch tank worth more than the asking donation of $400.

The tank is fitted with an internal overflow (black 1/4" cast acrylic) with a huge surface skimming area but low on waisted tank space as the walls are set at 45 degree angles. The top is made out of a solid piece of 1/2" cast (along with the rest of the tank).

Pick up is in Bloomington. We will try to get pictures up tomorrow.

If you were looking for an excuse to make a donation as discussed in the private forums, this is the perfect opportunity. Even if you don't need the tank you could offer it back up for a raffle at the quarterly swap or maybe to the victim for a qt when the time comes to rebuild...Because you know he will

HFG

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have a precision marine CR422 calcium reactor (inc eheim pump), dual guage solenoid and CO2 bottle sitting here collecting dust. it is the exact package available from marine depot (for $632-including media currently full plus new half container)

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_calcium_reactors_precision_marine.asp?Car tId=

it will also include sponges to contain the media and aqualifter pump and filter to feed the reactor.

i bought it from a local guy who got frustrated with it because of a leaky connection. he ran it all of a day-with no media-just trying to plumb it up. and its in PERFECT condition-that connection was repaired with weld on 42 so its good as new. since then we had it running for about a month...it's still almost new.

asking price is $350 (i'm depreciating it like a new car
-about a $300 savings for 1 months use-even though its in perfect condition)

all proceeds will go to the burning down the house fund to get a top notch speaker in here again next year...mike has been a great leader for this club and i was just sick hearing about his home...so this is in his honor.

see this thread for more details...
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80063

1 - 4 of 4 Posts