The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt make the meeting on sat. cause I had a prior engagement. (one that was going to require me to be gone most of the night) So about 6 pm I went downstairs and thought I would feed the fish before I left and as I looked in the FO tank I noticed that my Moorish Idol was deader than Julius Caeser!!!
No Marks on his body, he had been eating fine and was really fat, noone else seems to be in bad health, he just up and died!
So I was pretty bummed! (for about 15 minutes , until I started thinking about what new fish I was going to buy to replace him!)

Scott

·
Registered
140 Posts
I remember a wise man that once said:

Rule 1- Things die.
Rule 2- Cant change rule 1.
Rule 3- You always need another fish.

Sorry for the lose Scott......

JJ

·
Registered
210 Posts
Man,
I thought you were one of the success stories with the Moorish Idol's.
I am sorry to hear about it's untimely demise he was inspiration for me for the future. I guess I will not get one till they (being those people) tell me what we are not feeding them that they are missing, it's gotta be something obvious that "they" are overlooking.
do you mind telling us what exactly he was eating?
Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He was eating like a pig! Clams, shrimp, spirulina, squid ,angel formula. It had been thriving for a little more than two years.
He died without any warning at all.

JJG, that was no wise man.......that was me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.