The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order my new T5 set-up :D, and i get my choice of bulbs. The problem is i have a mirrored blue backround on my tank and when i put bulbs in they are usually to blue and the tank looks dark. So i want my lights to be more white than blue. I will have 4 T5 bulbs over my 55 gal. here are my choices, all Giesemann brand-

6000k midday german made full spectrum

Actinic Plus 40% Actinic 60% blue peaks at 450 nm

Aquablue Plus 11,000k 60% Actinic 40% white

Pure Actinic peaks at about 420 nm

I am having a hard time using the spectrum charts so any help would be great. Basically i just want to be able to see everything clearly.

Also if anyone knows where i can order some super quiet cooling fans (tank in living room) for my canopy that would be a big help also.
Thanks for any input.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
what kind of critters will you be putting in the tank. fish are usually better looking under a more yellow light while corals have more pop under the bluer light.

the Icecap fans are very quiet, but very expensive. if there is a computer supply store near you than you can stop by there and see what super quiet fans they carry. many are ultra quiet, as in less than 20db.

G~

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. i have fish, inverts, and am getting ready for corals, thats why i'm getting the t5's. I was looking at the ice cap fans too, i don't mind spending if they will last. I'm hoping two of the 3" fans will be enough for my 4 t5's in the canopy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts