The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ve only had my Hamilton fixture up and running for about 3 months and one of my 250 halide bulbs blew out already with no warning at all.:bawling: its an HQI type. 3 months seems a bit early for a bulb to go. the halides are only on for about 6 hrs a day. Do ya think hamilton will send me a bulb? They alredy had to send me a replacement fan for the same fixture because one of them was defective.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I ve only had my Hamilton fixture up and running for about 3 months and one of my 250 halide bulbs blew out already with no warning at all.:bawling: its an HQI type. 3 months seems a bit early for a bulb to go. the halides are only on for about 6 hrs a day. Do ya think hamilton will send me a bulb? They alredy had to send me a replacement fan for the same fixture because one of them was defective.
They better IMHO! I have a Brand New Coralife Aqualight Pro 250W HQI on one of our tanks and in less than 2 weeks the HQI blew. Boy was I peeved! One of the Finest LFS's near me ordered a new bulb for me which I am picking up today and is covering it under warranty even though I didn't buy it from them. He will get it replaced though and not lose anything.

Around here we have very few decent LFS's but 2 or 3 of the ones we have really stand out and step up to the plate when needed. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
i hear hamilton has nice bulbs, but i wouldn't buy any ballasts (magnetic) from them. you can buy the ballasts from home depot for about one fourth of the price. several years ago i bougth a vho ballast from them, when i got it it was just a magnetech ho ballast that i could have bought from hd for way less. if you aren't scared of dyi lighting you can get almost anything you need at a local hardware store. i built a mh ballast for a friend a few years ago for about 70 dollars in material. anyway, i'm off topic. good luck with the replacement. i just got a bad xm bulb and they are replacing it for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts