The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new @ this so let me applgze ahead of time. I have a 75 gal salt tank with 15lbs of LR-supsvly live, and around 4 gal of live sand. I have 2 clown fish and I had a puffer though it died in the tank. I removed it and some slime that was around it. Algae started growing so I lessened the time my light was on. I have 10 hermit crabs about the size of a penny. I now have the brown algae and also some white bugs that are grouped "only" around my intakes for filters. Anyone know what these are? I am thinking copepods or ami-somethings but will get a magnifying glass so I can be sure.

I wanted to add an image but I guess I need to research how to do that. A URL, this is not cut n paste like me email app. I attached, we'll C if this works.

Thanks to anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

Also my tank is warm. The last I checked everything was stable, no chems out of whack.

Attachments

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Can you record a video of these bugs that you speak of. Copepods usually look like a swarm of small bugs similar to nets. Looks like due to you pic makes the bugs look like worms.
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchpods.html
Check out this site to get a idea of hitch hikers. To get a idea of the copepod swaming i spoke of check out Zooplankton area and will be a gif like pic video this w/ a swirling bug.

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
alecia.dooley when i doubt remove them from the reef. I recommend getting your net and start taking them out. Common wrasse will eat worms, you could pick up one and they might eat the worms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts