The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so on monday i will be getting a 150 watt metal halide to go on my 37gal. i plan on gettng a bubble tip anemone for my clarki clownfish. the tank has been setup for 11 months. i dont kno whether i should put my ocellaris clownfish from my 10gal in there, or i should just keep my clarki? and does my 37gal meet the requirments to house a bubbletip (after monday of course)?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well no, i would put the clarkii back in the 10 gal with his old rock flower anemone that he slept in. but the thing is, is tht i kno or a fact tht my carki WILL host, im just njot sure the oellaris will. i think ima just keep the clarki in there. but yea does my ank meet the requirmnts?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
ya your lighting looks good just make sure to keep your water parameters in check i had 2 ocellaris that never hosted my sebae anemone and ive heard that clarki's are more open to many other nems that the ocellaris so it might just be a waiting game with them that may never happen

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've read BTA's should have atleast 30 gallons. You are at the minimum at 37 gallons.

There are those out there that have BTA's in smaller tanks just like there are those that have tangs in smaller tanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I kept my bubble tip in a 20gal tank for quite a while, it always did fine in there. But it seems to like it's new home in my 55 gal a lot better. And i've got an ocellaris and percula clown. When the bta was in the 20 the ocellaris was living in it, them when I moved everything to the 55 the percula took over the bta. And I never had to wait, it was all like in a day each time one of my clowns moved in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts