The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bubbletip anemone is sitting on the substrate and is half curled up but looks healthy and my maroon clown took to it very quickly. I sat it on one of my rocks but it has since moved off the rock and onto the substrate now. Why did it do this, and why is it half curled up but still healthy looking?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, should I let it go and let it find its own spot to settle on? Or should I pick it up and move it to a new location?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
No Dont keep moving it . You can try to find a hole or crevis in a rock where he can set his foot (or her), If the nem continues to move . Make sure you have all your powerheads and intakes protected so he (or she) doesn't get sucked in . It's "very" important .
I'd like to know how long you have had the nem .
How big is the tank
What kind of light you have
What type of filtration is on the tank
This will help us get a feel for whats going on in your tank

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought it last night and my tank is 55 gallons i have a super skimmer on it for filtration along with live rock and sand. I also have a t5 aquaticlife light with moonlight leds on it as well

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well just today when I turned the light on in the morning he opened all the way up again and got bubbletips. So I am starting to thing it may just be that it curls up at night and opens during the day with the light because right now im looking at it and it looks super healthy. Even better than it did at That Fish Place and its atleast 3 times bigger in my tank as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
today when i turned my lights on i found my bubble tip to be flat and its tentacles to be deflated, could this possibly be it splitting because a two days ago i found that it had two mouths on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts