The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 20 gallon reef tank. in my 20 gallon i have a bunch of small bubbles floating around. never had this problem before in other tanks. i just upgraded from a 10 gallon and had a 20 gallon before that which never had this problem. but my current 20 gallon does. i have liverock, an aquaclear 30, and a powerhead. any suggestion where these bubbles may be coming from, and how to stop them.

thanks

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Welcome to TRT
how old is the 20 now? if it is a newer tank you will see that for a little bit then it shoudl go away.
you may want to look at the connection to everything that moves water. make sure they are tight and not pulling air with it.
how about a photo of the set up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. the 20 itself is about a week old. ill check all the connections and see if it goes away on its own. ill see if i can figure out how to post some pics.

thanks again

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
it maybe that it is a newer tank. alot of new ones will do that.
clean the inside glass once or twice and it shoudl stop unless something else is wrong.
to post pics.
scrool down a little further when you start a post/reply. look for the manage attachments, if you click on it, it shoudl open another smaller window telling you the various types you can up load. this is whereyou will upload your pics..
you can also place all you pics, in your own photo section under you name ( see the photo forum for that, ( you will have to log in again to access that upload area))
you can also start a Blog on here that you can place your photo's and daily reports if you want to..( see the sticky in the main area this thread is in)

HTH

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, thanks.
i have been reef keeping for a while, just joined the board however. but i will say this is the best forum around with the nicest people

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eventually, its a work in progress as u can tell. im slowly going to add more rock and coral.

as for the bubbles, ill check the u tubes on the filter, and maybe see if it will work itself out. the clown doesn't seem to bothered by the bubbles

thanks again

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
what a nice looking tank! NICE zoo, and that's a cute little clown too. I think you should have some of my crazy growing xenia for him to host. :D

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
1st Welcome to TRT. This place is great the folks here are very helpful.
2nd Nice tank looks clean and neat
3rd. can you lower the water return on the pump lower to the water so it does not splash when it returns. you can probable get the water out by shutting off the pump take some air line tubeing stick it in the suction side and suck it out of there. just a thought.

also try tapping on the pipe the bubbles could just be stuck on a mold seam or something.

Fred

1 - 16 of 16 Posts