The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago we bought a bubble tip anemone for our 29g bio cube, we have a cinnimon clown fish. At first when we put it in the tank it was on it side so we put it in one of the holes in a rock close to the top of the tank. It was there til this morning. This morning it was on its side and we called our LFS to see if it was ok to move it.. we moved it into a hole in the rock that was closer to the bottom. Then it fell over so i straightened it upright and i noticed in the hole there was a few tips in there. It was not moving at all, and started to look deflated. We turned the powerhead off for a few hours... still not moving... bubble tips are shrived and turned inward... we turned the powerhead back on and now its on its side but its closed on the top, its looks like its about 2 inches of a stump... is it alive or dying..any advise on what we should do...thanks for any advise

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Which Biocube do you have, the regular 29g or the HQI with the metal halide?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
regular 29g, we have had the tank for a year now, it crashed about 8 months ago, so we got 2 yellow tail damsels that we had for about 6 months... then we got the cinnamon clown about 3 months ago.. things were looking good so we took the damsels to our lfs and got the anemone.. i took a couple of pics just not sure how to attach them
we replace our bulbs 3 months ago

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
The standard Biocube with Power Compact bulbs is not really a strong amount of lighting for keeping anemones.

Then there is the issue of maintaining a consistent water quality in a small tank.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a bubble tip and it was doing fine for about 4 months and the hid behind a rock at the top of my tand and started falling apart, i quickly syphoned it out before it crashed my tank. it didnt smell to good!!:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts