The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the BTA is looking out the back side of my Large LR now so not so easy to see the anenome and the tomato clown! :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Johnny,

Well, still better than out front but unhappy, eh?

Besides, soon it'll likely walk again, and the next time it loiters out front, try to pen it in with rocks that will make it feel more secure. Give it a reason to stay put there.

:D

·
Registered
658 Posts
I got lucky with my BTA... it found a nice hole in one of my live rocks that it can completely suck itself into if it desires (and it has). It just so happens that it is directly in the front of my tank, so I adjusted the current on the powerheads so that it gets blown about a bit but not too much.
So far it hasn't given any indication that it wants to move and is happily inflating its tips and putting up with whatever the clowns dish out.
The small carpet I had, on the other hand, never could find a spot that it liked, and wandered nightly after lights out until it happened to wander into my elephant ear mushroom colony... and the rest is history.
It was just a glob of goo the next morning. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I feel your pain!!!!!!

MontanaRocknReefer,

I bought a nice 5in BTA from a LFS that had it under low lighting. Since I have MH I knew this would be a problem. Sure enough the next day after introducing him to the tank he was under a ledge in the back of my tank. He is very healthy and eating well but hates the light. Here is a picture. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't have any clowns in there now. Should I wait or introduce some now?

Thanks,

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see no problems in introducing clowns now!:)

Well------------------

I waited about three months before putting a clown in as I wanted to make sure the BTA would do fine! At least at this point it is doing great!:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How often has your BTA moved? How long has he been in the position that he is in in the pic you took? Just wondering if mine will move again, he has been under the ledge for a week now??!!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine has moved about four times now! Actually it has been in the same LR for over a month now but decided to peek out the back of the LR instead of the front! Maybe because I put in a tomato clown for it!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts