The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! Guess I'm not having to much anomone luck, huh? Well, the carpet i got was doing so well that last sunday I went to the LFS and couldn't turn a Bta down. Well, monday when I woke up I couldn't find him. I checked the overflows, sumps, etc. My guess is that he is under a rock somewhere. I have guards on all the ph's. I've heard that they aren't very smart and will go under a rock and die from lack of light!:( :eek:
Will he come back out, or should I try to tear the top rocks apart to find him. I'm a bit worried because I don't have a back on my tank so I can see in from the workroom behind and i can't find him! Any thoughts?!

PS: Feel free to hijack the thread after an anwser is found! :funny: Love you guys! :D

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
you can stick a small mirror down behind and see if you can find him. Or yes, re-directing powerheads might cause him to move again.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How urgent is it to get him back out in the light?

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Not super imperative to get him back out, he can survive a week in the dark...some bubbles will go into hiding for a while when they go to split. So, give him a few days...see if he comes out on his own.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice! But could they really split right after being introduced?

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
This may simply be your BTA's way of aclimating to the available light in your sysem. If it gets too much light (or not enough) in one place it will move.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine went into hiding the same way, and as I really got worried, two came out into the light, just like said above, it split, and it had only been in my tank less then a week, so now I have two, but they still haven't settled down to one place, just as I think they have, and I feed them, they move the next day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.