The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......NOT as bad as our Northern neighbors though.

Top of the cold n groovy Sunday morning to All. 30 heading to 32F.....hope someone has some HOT CHOCOLATE?
WAIT..... :unsure: .....That's OK, We got some.

Up at 5a thinking I had to get up for work.....what a relief, I rolled over and fell back to WIDE A WAKE! :oops: So coffee is on, and being consumed in a leisurely fashion since it is SUNDAY.....my day off.

Thanksgiving dinner shopping on our agenda.....got most, but now need the 'last minute' touches.

Hope peace, and wonderful things rule the day,
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ya know what happens when you get up stupid early on your one day off? BREAKFAST!
Fried cackle Fruit and Maple sausages with honey wheat and white toast, with enough butter that you'll need a 'May West'.
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,703 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the hot chocolate to start warming our engines. You might not be quite ready to eat breakfast, but I’m gonna get started with pancakes! I’ve got delicious peanut butter pancakes or just regular pancakes. I’m sure Rick will let us have some of his Canadian maple syrup heated up so that it just slides over the pancakes. We also have blueberries to go on top of your pancakes and stewed apples, doesn’t that sound good?

It’s 38 and climbing to 50 today. As for Thanksgiving, Bobbi and I decided to roast our favorite vegetables and make a big stew. She also also said something about me making a loaf of bread that looks like a turkey. I’ll have to think about how to do that.

And the Thanksgiving conversation about food begins!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to all that there steam coming off our plates, I have a moment or 3 to spare.....
THANKS for all the delicious sounding grub Cath.

A 'turkey shaped bread'? Well I can picture some come backs from our MANLY MEAL carnivorous chair puller-uppers. :unsure: Would think it involves a 20-24 lb turkey, 2 slices of bread, a larg'ish mound of stuffing, and a smattering of cranberry sauce.....and a large napkin/plate to catch the run a way material.:ROFLMAO::cool:
Hack

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning everyone,

The rain stopped overnight sometime. It hung around longer than they predicted.
I wanted to join chat last night and it was either kick the kids out and send them home do it wouldn’t be too busy and noisy. Or just go with the flow and skip chat and make it another day.
Not sure of our plans for today. Probably some shopping for thanksgiving meal.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Morning everyone.

Wow surprised to see folks up this early.

In San Diego this weekend visiting my grandkids. Going to be 18 degrees when I land tonight. That is pretty cold.

Enjoy your day!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the Thanksgiving conversation about food begins!
PERFECT TIMING! I can use this as a memory refresher as We're getting ready to go shopping. :unsure:(y)

22 lb hen turkey
stuffing
gravy.....DUH!
yams
turnips
Potato salad
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce. jelled and lumpy:p
green bean casserole
olives
dinner rolls
peas

Pumpkin and Chocolate Pecan pies
Ginger bread with plenty of Cool Whip
COFFEE

Holiday cooking has traditionally been my realm as Jen entertains, and keeps spectators OUT OF MY KITCHEN. But in recent years Hack has taken up being the future Chef Hack in training. My whole Family linage has been 'splash n dash' cookers, with our recipes orally passed on......and it's become Nate's turn at the plate as it were to continue this.
He's gotten the Potato Salad down so well that we'd be hard pressed to tell his and mine apart. And coming along quite well with the stuffing. * Mashed potatoes are an issue.....Finally figured out the issue.....,I like mine 'smooth' and He like his 'lumpy'. I use to think that hinged on being too lazy to mash and whip any further, but discovered 'lumpy' mashed potatoes are actually a thing, and Jen and Nate prefer them.

Back to breakfast,
Hack

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Morning all,
A brisk 12 degrees here,,, said to be 50 on Wednesday 🤷🏻‍♂️🥴🙄. Of course that will prob be my last decent day to knock out what pre winter chores outside left.

Long dog foster Rudy got his first bath ( since being here) and nail trim yesterday,,, he accepted it “ok”.
Fingers crossed his potential adopters luv him🤞🏻🙏.
PC tied to the printer is stubborn, so dealing with aligning laptop to it,,, dern printer mostly gets used for Doxie adoption contracts,,, so of course it needed a couple print head cleanings to produce legible print.

After/hopefully/likely that I’ll be watching Rudy go up the driveway with his new humans , I will do my usual and text the rescue’s rep letting her know that Rudy is now a alum, and “where’s my next foster?”

On to the day,

Hope everyone has a great one !🤞🏻

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rooting along with you Jeff that Rudy becomes an 'alumni' shortly.

Yeah Vinnie, last night's CHAT was a smidge 'winged'. At the last moment I was changing the posted times in the PM's, which I am glad Whiskey saw. But you 're right.....it's better to plan ahead. 9-10 I was falling asleep even thinking about THAT....and then Cath mentioned 8-9p, and I jumped all over it. So in the future I will probably raise my hand for the 8p option if asked.

Still in the low 30's here with winds whooping to 40 mph making it feel fridgit.....actually making it 'sound cold' as I haven't stuck my noise out there yet.
Hack

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Just left over grilled carne asada (family recipe I taught the kids) here.

The grandkids moved up to slightly bigger fish this trip. Next time out will be real stuff.

Changed my flight home to connect through Houston instead of Chitown. Not my first rodeo.

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Morning all. 24F here under sunny skies & heading all the way up to 29F, Windy though so feels much colder. I had an everything bagel with a little too much butter (as one does) earlier and I am fancing a sub for lunch.

Today is the 109th Grey Cup - Canadian Football League Championship. Toronto Argonauts vs Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Will be played in Saskatchewan & temp is going to be around 0F with 15mph winds & chance of snow.. We are cheering for Toronto of course. I have been a life long fan and my daughter is particularly invested - she is a volunteer with the team doing PR work for them on various social media platforms. Kick off is 6pm EST.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At the risk Rick of sounding like an ignorant Yank.....which I guess I am.....109th Grey Cup....Canadian Football League Championship.....1st off, WOW!
2nd.....I had to look up 'Canadian Football League' to verify it was actually FOOTBALL, well at least what we call football down here and not soccer.
3rd....are there any 'cross border' competition between our teams and your's up there? Same rules, regulations, ect.?

I have ceased following football a while back due to differences of opinions, so am way behind the curb if any of this is now general information.
Hack
Hope Ya get your sub for lunch Pal. (y)

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.....Hey.....this is 'cultural exchange'. We encourage such things here on our site.(y)
Hack

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
At the risk Rick of sounding like an ignorant Yank.....which I guess I am.....109th Grey Cup....Canadian Football League Championship.....1st off, WOW!
2nd.....I had to look up 'Canadian Football League' to verify it was actually FOOTBALL, well at least what we call football down here and not soccer.
3rd....are there any 'cross border' competition between our teams and your's up there? Same rules, regulations, ect.?

I have ceased following football a while back due to differences of opinions, so am way behind the curb if any of this is now general information.
Hack
Hope Ya get your sub for lunch Pal. (y)
There was a few games back in the 50's and early 60's. The NFL won most or all of them. We do get the NFL playing exhibition games up here occaisionally similar to how they play in Europe.

The CFL vs NFL games were played with one set of rules for the first half and the other set of rules for the second half. It would have been interesting to see the teams adapt.

Bear in mind, the NFL is far larger and has massive resources compared to the CFL. Base salary in the NFL is $660,000.00 campared to the CFL at $60,000.00. - 9% of an NFL salary. It was common for even star players to have another job in the off season.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
I like the CFL. People like Johnny Football can still eat.

a lady at the airport made me pull a tarot card, and she said I have too much stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just left over grilled carne asada (family recipe I taught the kids) here.

The grandkids moved up to slightly bigger fish this trip. Next time out will be real stuff.
NICE Bro! Pleasant surprise hearing you stopped by your old stomping grounds. (y)

Looked hard for an excuse NOT to be outside today.....now snow or ice as a valid reason to tolerate it....ONLY COLD and WINDY!

Got some Chocolate Chip and Snickerdoodles in the oven, so if you smell something burning....TELL ME!:p Having a Pork loin for dinner with scalloped potatoes and something healthy....just ain't decided.
has all the makings of a groovy movie night/afternoon round here.
Hope Y'All can indulge in something as SWELL!
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got some Chocolate Chip and Snickerdoodles in the oven, so if you smell something burning....TELL ME!:p
.....Oooooops.....Hide the evidence.
Hack

PS

Wolfman Hack finally came to the epiphany that He LIKES CC cookies. :rolleyes: Especially the 'ooooops' ones.:ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Afternoon all,
Well, long dawg foster Rudy is now a alum👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Fingers crossed everything works out ,,, but showing his adopters what I found helps with switching off Rudy’s “growly” posture going into his crate( behind scratches,,, his not mine , haha) likely will help with getting him out of that vibe ( that he had from day one here, and likely learned from his previous not great prev home thing).
Adoption pic below( Rudy on the right),,. Their useta be only dog , Izzy,, same age long hair brindle colored fella , was SO stinking cute❤. I got on the floor with him( yeah me🙄🥴, it was that important fer me to go to da floor, heheh) and he acted like my Max ( also a long hair) ,,
Lovey dovey …I joked “ok, I’ll trade” …

Already asked the rep if my next foster was waiting in da wings,,, she asked if I wanted a “break”. Told her NOW is my break, heheh. Looks like two owner surrenders are in the works,,, might be getting one of those ,,,

On to the rest of the day,,,, just me and my permanent pack now,,, for a while , haha.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Face Smile Dog Mammal Carnivore

• Love
Reactions: Tinsnips and cath
1 - 20 of 23 Posts