The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new yellow leather (never owned one before) along with a birdnest. I also have several other SPS, LPS, and Softies that are all doing fine but my new yellow leather has not opened up yet and has brown spots that peel off with a turkey baster. Here are some pics. posted below. Any idea on how to fix it or is it dying or is it shedding or what?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the first one on the left is when i first put it in my tank 3 days ago. On the right was this morning before the lights cut on but it does open up some but the polyps will not come out.

· Happy Clam
947 Posts
Blow those spots off. Yes, I believe it is rotting flesh. You need to get it off and keep the wounds clean. Use a powerhead to blow it off, or turkey baster (should come off fairly easy) or gently brush it away with your hand or soft brush. Point is, get the rotten tissue off ASAP. All its doing is festering the wound.

Same thing happened to mine, but not nearly as bad.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.