The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier I made a post about how something is messing or destroying my pulsating xenia ... I know I have a Porcelain Crab, and I just ID'ed my other crab as a Brown Egg Crab... again no idea how it got in there or any of those details?? I also can't find any info. on the web about this crab being reef safe?? Is this the culprit for my disappearing xenia!!??

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
earlier I made a post about how something is messing or destroying my pulsating xenia ... I know I have a Porcelain Crab, and I just ID'ed my other crab as a Brown Egg Crab... again no idea how it got in there or any of those details?? I also can't find any info. on the web about this crab being reef safe?? Is this the culprit for my disappearing xenia!!??

it could be, but i wouldnt worry too much about the xenia alot of people cant keep them for some reason, their one of those "iffy" corals

are u sure that brown egg crab is reef safe? they are really cute as a button but i found a pic of one eating a fish

edit* ok i see you didnt know if he was reef safe or not. GET HIM OUT if you can. i dont trust this thing, im looking at pics and they just dont seem like they belong in an aquarium
can u get a pic of him?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came with the tank and we have attributed the missing xenia and another coral to this mischievous creature... and maybe our lawnmower blenny who has been MIA for a few days.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
you say it came with the tank? or hitchhiked on the live rock?

how big is he? if you seen him once you will see him again, then try and grab him with tweezers. they also sell traps
a pic would help alot if possible because maybe hes not a brown egg crab after all, he could be innocent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts