The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this sucks. I don't even know where to get new ones right now.

The ones for the return lines from the sump, two of them. I have no idea how they broke. I only lost about 3 gallons of water but I had to tear alot of my plumbing apart to get to the problem and now that I have it tore apart I have no idea where to get the new ones fast.

Salt water on a hard wood floor is not a good thing.:doh:

Well its off to the LFS to see if they got some. If they don't I have no idea where to get some.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am going to have to call off work today. I hadn't planed on it and they wont be happy about it.

·
11,345 Posts
Try you local plumbing and electrical store. Bend doesnt have anything in it, BUT two of the local plumbing/electrical stores have these expensive thick bulkheads. I like them. They are about $15 apiece (and require a bigger hole)but they are nice. They are bulky and i wouldnt want to use them for a visible one like cls outlet, but i do use them everywhere else...........

you probably already know this but if you thread too far in with a tapered fitting it can stress and over time the bulkheads will cracks.......thats why i use plumbers tape AND silicone so i dont have to bottom out any tapered fittings to seal......

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eddie had one in his pile-O-plumbing. Didn't cost me nothing either. I picked up mt pair of marrons while I was there.

My bet it that it was broken from when I instaled it and while I was turning my return flow off I broke the silicone seal on it and it started leaking an I didn't notice it at the time.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I think it is fixed for now. I need to replace two more fittings before I feel comfortable with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts