The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if someone out there has a used bristle worm trap? OR can someone suggest a fish that would eat them. I know the 6 line may eat them but my Friend has two enormous ones haha in a 10 gallon tank. He lost a fish and it was complete gone in one night.
Please Advice
Matthew J. Vasko

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bristleworm trap

What I do when the need arises is take a 20 oz plastic drink bottle and cut it off about three inches below the spout. Now take this piece and turn it so the spout goes into the bottom half. What youll have is a funnel going in and a hard to find way out- diy trap. Bait this with a piece of shrimp and place it in the bottom of the tank. You will catch snails and other stuff too but you can return them to the tank.The first time I did this I caught a bristle worm or fire worm or some kind of worm that was about 14 inches long. It scared the crap out of me, so I threw that trap away and made another. Happy hunting Wade

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Plans I'm going to try the traps this weekend for the big guys and the arrow or coral banded shrimp for everything else.
Thanks Everyone
Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts