The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I saw a huge cloud of milky substance in my tank. I looked around and saw a huge bristle worm slithering around a rock. Then it squirted out more milky substance and I caught the last squirt on video.
I knew I had bristle worms in my tank, but that was the first time I had seen one that big.
Here is the video. I had to add some music to cover up my brother's color commentary! lol

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
Yep, that will happen in systems from time to time. The corals will readily feed on the gametes. I would run a bit of carbon after such an occurrence to help deal with any potential nitrogenous waste issues; if worse comes to worse do a quick water change.

Don't worry about removing any of them, they are harmless detritus eaters. If you want to lower the population just reduce your detritus & nutrient load. Less detritus, less bristle worms. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was definitely disgusting when he did it, because he was slithering around the rock weaving in and out of the holes.
They have never really caused any problems that I know of, so I won't worry about it too much right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts