The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Is This Thing On?
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my LFS yesterday and he began ranting about the difference between Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine salt and Instant Ocean. He said they did a little experiment with two similar pieces of plating montipora (came from the same parent piece) with the only variable being which type of salt they used. I know no matter what you do you'll end up with other variables. He said the monti piece that was in the brightwell aquatics tank grew at almost double the rate.

I assumed he was just trying to sell me some different salt, naturally it was the more expensive kind. I am curious to see if anyone else has used this brand of salt and what they're experience with it was. It supposed to closely match that of natural ocean levels. Here's a link to that brand.
http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/neomarine.php

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Another new salt?.....
<----- stick with what has worked for 8 years. Tropic Marin... The regular stuff.

I have friends who jump on to new salts and praise about how great it is but they always switch back to what has worked fine for them in the past.

·
Is This Thing On?
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't plan on switching. I know everytime I go in there to expect some speech about something else I should buy... It's either a different skimmer because in his words Eshopps are junk and I should get a reef dynamics brand or it's the salt, or corallife bulbs instead ATI's, whatever you can think of that I have and he doesn't carry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts